Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Movie Fun Facts: 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers' (a1956 film)

I'm going back to the fun movie facts! Starting with the 1956 black and white horror/sci-fi film, 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers'. This film was interesting to watch, and was definitely an early horror movie, and I will give it the few times that I was quite disgusted and creeped out. It is in general a creepy movie at points, based off of a book, and in 2008 it was ranked as #9 on the American Film Institute's list of the top 10 greatest Science-Fiction films, pretty impressive! Now onto the fun facts :D

~There was on $15,000 of the total budget for the movie spent on special effects.
~The entire movie was filmed in 23 days, which was three days over schedule!
~Several movie titles were thrown away before director Don Siegal finally settled on 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers'.
~During initial screening of the film, the audience laughed at parts that were not supposed to be humorous, and Siegal ended up removing sections of the film also because the story was hard to follow.

SPOILER ALERT! DON'T READ ANY FURTHER IF YOU HAVE NOT YET SEEN THE MOVIE! Unless you don't plan on watching it at all...then you're really missing out on a classic!
~The book's ending is left out of the movie. The book's ending has the aliens giving up on the plot for world domination and returning to their home planet.
~The film originally ended with Dr. Miles running down the highway  shouting "You're next! You're next!", but the studio wanted an ending that seemed happier, so the hospital scenes at the end were added in hopes of adding some hope to the audience's feelings towards the possibility of the end of the world as we know it.

I hope you guys enjoyed it! I will say that I did find this movie to be a bit of a thriller, that being said, I'm not one to ever watch most thrillers or horror, so my opinion might be a bit biased. I would recommend this version (I can't recommend the newer version of this movie since I have not yet seen it!).
Happy Tuesday!
Love,
Sara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment