Monday, March 18, 2013

Musica Monday

Alright, so for those of you who don't know, I am in the St Olaf Handbell Choir. Yes, I play handbells. And yes, it is awesome! We went on tour a few weekends ago, which was the weekend when I posted absolutely nothing (sadly which has been happening quite a bit lately :(, working on that sorry!), but I did want to share with you our home concert and a few of the pieces we played. A full concert can be found here. Otherwise I will post a few of the videos that made their way onto YouTube :). We have to go through the proper copyrights in order to put the different pieces we play up on YouTube, so there aren't a lot of them, but some of them were pretty easy to get rights for, so those few are up online. We also have another home concert that I will do my best to post up when it happens closer to the end of the semester. Our conductor explains our pieces during the full concert so I won't get into that, but here are some of the YouTube approved songs (actually some of my favorite as well :P).


Above is Scottish Festival Dance, which was a lot of fun to play and learn :P If you listen you can hear the 'fiddling' parts :D
Below is 'Idyll', another good piece, it was more complicated to learn and play, but once we got the hang of it, it sounded really neat! :D


Alright guys, I hope you enjoy my music choice today :D You really should watch the entire concert, it will show you that anyone can have a mishap during a show, and that they show truly must just go on (even if you are now minus a C3).
Love,
Sara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment