Friday, August 16, 2013

Book Book Book: Cocaine Blues (Phryne Fisher, #1) Review

I finished this book, Cocaine Blues by Kerry Greenwood a few days ago, but I haven't really had the time to sit down and write a review for it, but here I go :) Cocaine Blues is the first in a mystery series about a high society girl, named Phryne Fisher, who moves to Melbourne, Australia from England to become a detective, and  never looks back.
"Not the normal mystery, Phryne presents herself as a knowledgeable, quick-witted, sassy, sexy, and all together awesome female role. High society and being proper doesn't stop her from showing up the men in her life. Similar to a female version of Sherlock Holmes, she is quick on her feet and not afraid to bend the rules, get a little dirty (to clean up later), and point out what is seemingly obvious to her but confusing to her counter parts. She is classy and lives for adventure. I look forward to getting my hands on the second!"
Above was my review placed on Goodreads. Come find me and let us swap book suggestions :)

Your friendly neighborhood bookworm,
Sara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment