Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Tips For Exercise

Working out is hard. I will be one of the first to admit that, and I'm not talking about the workouts themselves (which should be challenging unless it is a rest day) but actually getting up and working out is hard to do. In all honesty, for some people it is nearly impossibly to do on their own, and you know what? That's ok! That's why I have a job, if everyone could workout as well as Jillian Michaels, I honestly wouldn't have a job and that would be unfortunate for me. However, it is something that the majority of us do find to be necessary in order to maintain our health, therefore I've been thinking of some ways that could hopefully make exercising a bit easier as far as getting out and doing it. 

1. Find something you enjoy. Not everyone enjoys lifting weights or running, maybe biking is more your thing. Perhaps you are more of a class or group exercise person, I know I'm going to try out a newish kickboxing gym not too far from my place just to see if I like the workout. For those of you who can find workouts online or can figure out what to do yourself, keep being awesome! I find it much easier to train someone than it is to train myself.

2. Have a reason to workout. This can be anything from weight loss to stress reliever to because my doctor says so. No matter the reason, keep that in mind whenever you start a workout or whenever you debate working out or not. Honestly, if you have time to debate working out or not, you have the time and should just go do it already. What's the saying? If you had started when you first thought of it, you'd be done by now? Yea, sometimes it's more true than you think.

3. Don't go extreme. That is unless that's what works for you, but for the majority, even a 30 minute exercise 2 or 3 days a week is better than nothing. You don't have to be able to bench press your max everyday or break your record for mileage and time every run. Pace yourself and have some days that are easier and some that are harder. Everyday doesn't need to leave you exhausted and sometimes 20 minutes is enough. 

4. Find a friend. Working out with someone else has been proven to help with motivation and keeps you honest. This also holds you accountable to getting up in the morning and working out, you wouldn't want to let that friend down when you don't show, would you?

5. Enjoy yourself. It's not meant to be torture (at least not the kind that I do), if you're leaving the gym feeling like crap after every workout, something is wrong. When you exercise, your body produces endorphins and endorphins make you happy (and happy people don't kill their husbands....10 points for the reference!). So, enjoy what you're doing!

I hope that this helps at least a little. If you have any questions feel free, I'll do my best to answer. What do you enjoy to do for exercise?

Love,
Sara :)

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete