Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Family Visits

I have had a busy last few days and have so fallen slightly behind on school work (not to mention blogging!). However, I wanted to give a quick update oh how the week has gone :) Every year, St Olaf College puts on a Christmas Festival that lasts 4 days. This is a world-renouned Christmas celebration that features 5 St Olaf choirs, including the Chapel Choir, Cantori, Viking Choir (all male freshmen), Manitou Singers (all female freshmen), and of corse the St Olaf Choir. It has sort of become a family tradition to go to this concert all four years that I've been in school year. I do enjoy cause this is one time that I do get to spend lots of time with my family! I am also in the St Olaf Handbell Choir, and we have a concert every year during Christmas Fest. This year it went quite well! Unfortunately, I don't think that we have a recording of the playing. There are 3 different bell choirs at St Olaf: Manitou Handbell Choir, Chapel Handbell Choir, and St Olaf Handbell Choir, and each one plays several times each semester in the chapel and at outside concerts. I'm excited for next semester when the St Olaf Handbell Choir goes on tour. I'm not positive where yet, but I do look forward to it.
Anyways, this weekend was really a lot of fun and it was great to see my family and gives me the little push that I needed to go through and finish up the semester as strong as I can.
I'm sorry for being so slow at blogging and putting up posts, but hopefully it will get better. I know there wasn't any musica yesterday but it was a busy day and I was having trouble keeping up. I'm working on getting back and into the flow of things. I will try and keep blogging during the rest of the week, but we will see!
Happy Tuesday!
Love,
Sara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment