Monday, September 8, 2014

Musica Monday

Summer is always a hectic time, and no matter what it is you do during these few months, there always seems to be a million and one things that need to get done. My summer has been no different, filled with adventures, cooking, eating, good music, and wonderful memories. This past weekend, I attended the wedding of one of my cousins. It was a short but beautiful service followed by a fun and upbeat reception hosted by a BBQ grill (translation: delicious food that even a mostly-vegetarian like me can enjoy!)! The place settings were beautiful and I attempted to take pictures with my phone but was eventually unhappy with nearly all except the following.


There was great food, music, and lots of dancing as is expected at any wedding reception. The couple was quite a fan of country music and it made me laugh at how many country songs I now know. Before moving in with my current apartment mate, I was not a big country fan. Sure I knew Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift, and such artists, however, at this wedding several other songs were played and Matt was shocked at how many I knew the lyrics too. Honestly, this shocked me as well, so I thank my apartment mate for expanding my experience and knowledge of music in a completely different direction.
If any of you have any interest in country music or listen to country music, this song was one that I remember being a big hit at the wedding.  This is 'American Kids' by Kenny Chesney.


Enjoy!
Love,
Sara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment