Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Books Books Books: The Opposite of Maybe

I warn that there are spoilers in my review today!!!! You have been warned!

I hesitated to choose this book when I first saw it on the website, and only picked it after consulting with my roommate that if I didn't like it, she would want to read it as well. However, throughout my experience reading this enthralling novel, I was struck with two competing thoughts: this really isn't my taste, I'm not sure I want to finish and I can't stop reading this deatiled novel. It became harder and harder to put this book down as time continued and ended up completing my reading journey in two days.

Rosie is a unique middle aged woman who is still trying to find her place in this world, finding out she is pregnant is just the cherry on top of the sundae of her complicated life of deciding between tea cup-obsessed Jonathan and separated father Tony, alongside taking care of her stubborn grandmother. While at points I had the desire to reach into the story and smack her or cover her mouth from saying something stupid, I came to realize that this was what made the story seem so real. Each scene was detailed to the extent that I could easily picture what the author was getting at and where her characters were.

Maddie Dawson did an amazing job bringing her characters to life and sucking me into her world. While it did take me a while to get into this book, this book is full of quirky moments as well as scenes that bring you close to tears. Well-written and descriptive, it is a perfect cloudy day read.

What have you all been reading lately? I would love to hear!
Love,
Sara :)

I received this book for free from Blogging for Books for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment