Thursday, March 6, 2014

Half-Price Haul

I remember mentioning at some point that I was addicted to Half-Price Books. Well, I made a trip to said bookstore once again and have returned with more books! Yay!


I'm going to go through each of these books quickly, top to bottom, see what you think!

1. The Dress Lodger by Sheri Holman
A historical fiction (always a hit and miss genre) set in England back in 1831. A single, teenaged mother, struggles to make ends meet, as a potter's assistant by day and a dress lodger by night. What caught my eye was that it was is supposedly set in a modern tone, which is very intriguing for a historical fiction. I'm interested to see how this one turns out!

2. Bone Man's Daughter by Ted Dekker
Kidnapping. Serial killer. Psychological puzzles. Need I say more for your curiosity concerning this book to skyrocket? Or is it just me?

Ever since taking that class in college on the Holocaust, I've been fascinated with so many different aspects of World War II and how it affected Europe. I'm not sure why, but when I say this book for $2, I really couldn't pass up another book to add to my growing collection concerning the Holocaust and Hitler.

4. Mistress of the Art of Death by Ariana Franklin
A murder mystery set in the time of Henry II with a female detective who is suspicious of everyone and sounds like a version of Sherlock Holmes! I'm super excited!!!

I almost didn't buy this book. I think I passed it like three or four times...but the concept of spies is one that I'm not sure I'm capable of passing up. And so I didn't pass it up, I got the $2 book.

What are you guys looking at as far as books or your own entertainment?

Love,
Sara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment