Monday, March 31, 2014

Musica Monday

Moving is officially complete!! Well, minus the random three boxes sitting out my the washing machine...I should get rid of those in the morning... We have been settling in quite nicely, had the boys over to visit Sunday for spaghetti and to watch The Lorax (my first time, and it was so sad but soooo good!!! I love that book and the movie too!) and the girls came over Saturday night for a wine night, both nights were super fun! However, it has become a bit more apparent that we are out in the real world now and once you move out of your parents' basement, it is plain to see how much they do for you. Everything from laundry to food to shopping to locking the door at night, it's the little things that we find we miss the parentals for every so often. Now, don't get me wrong, I've been aching to move out ever since I moved back in, just because that's how I am, but it is nice to not ever be home alone or to know what is going around in the rooms surrounding you (I have no idea what the neighbors are doing for instance and they are just on the other side of my bedroom wall,  kinda weird now that I think about it....), or to know how loud you can blast your music before someone complains :P Then again, maybe it's just me. I understand that I am not the center of the world, but sometimes it's nice to pretend?
Our new adventure has reminded me of a song by a band that I really enjoy. They are a more well known band than some of the ones I've featured here before, but that doesn't really mean much now that I'm thinking on it :) Anyways, here is "Ain't It Fun" by Paramore.


What were some of your move-out experiences, when you were left without the help of your Mom and/or Dad for the first time?

Love,
Sara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment