Monday, April 14, 2014

Musica Monday

It's a great feeling to know when someone has faith in you. I'm not just talking about letting you come to work and take on more responsibility, I'm looking at more the whole boss leaving you in charge for a while....or a week. Yea, I'm the only one at the studio for the next week! It's a bit crazy and I won't lie to being nervous, but I'm excited and super proud that she has that much faith in me that she's willing to leave the studio in my hands for one week. Never would have thought that they would be willing to do this before my one year of working here came up much less four months into actually training! Anyways, most of us experience this at one point or another in our lives, whether it is the first time we are allowed to drive that car by ourselves or the first time our parents don't call us for an eta of being home that night or even when the boss asks us to mind the shop for an hour or two, no matter how small it might seem to onlookers, it really is a big deal! It's moments like that that we treasure deep in our consciousness and look back on whenever we are feeling unhappy to turn around our mood.

I have an old friend whom I haven't seen in years who has been struggling with a lot of stuff lately. I remember her being one who was always able to help me with things when I was in trouble emotionally. We used to run track together and she was the one who could always get me revved up and excited before one of my races, by giving me this feeling, she was able to help me through more than just my races. I wish I could say thank you to her in person but New York is a long ways away and I'm broke...stupid college loans.... Every one of us needs a person who we can turn to for help and someone who is willing to give our egos a bit of a stroke just because that's what we need at the time. If you don't have a friend like that, look at yourself. Are you that friend? Who can you turn to when you are in need of just someone to tell you that you are awesome and to keep trucking through?

This song is by Krewella, and I'm not the biggest on putting up songs that are super popular but I really think that this helps to emphasize what I'm trying to say in this post. So enjoy 'Alive' and remember to keep looking ahead, the world continues and it doesn't do to dwell on dreams and forget to live :P


Love,
Sara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment