Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A Climbing Update and Apologies

Hey guys, so in case you missed out school started again, this past week. I'm currently on my 4th day of classes, and things are going pretty awesomely! I'm excited for all my classes and I look forward to learning more about each of my topics! This is my excuse for why I'm a bit slow on the uptake of blogging consistently....sorry! School does tend to get in the way.
Anyways! This past Saturday I went climbing for the first time in a while (yay!!). I climbed here at school (cause we are awesome and have a climbing wall!), and I'm proud to say that after going up the wall all the way (about 2.5-3 stories high) two times, I was not sore, or at least not really that I noticed, the next day! This is an awesome feeling, since when I started I would be so sore for the next few days. I guess I getting stronger :)
Regularly climbing can really help you to get a full body workout so I encourage everyone to do this! We will be going weekly (or as much as we can to keep a regular schedule) on Saturdays, as long as the wall is open this year. I also now have friends who work at the wall and can help when I need help. I'm also planning on getting certified as a belayer myself here, since each time you go to a different wall you have to get re-certified, which is slightly annoying, but it works and that's how things go, so I am willing to do it! I will keep on updating throughout the year (I hope!) so stay tuned if you wanna hear!
I recommend for people again to try this whole rock climbing thing out! It doesn't matter if you get all the way to the top or not because it's a full body workout plus it's a great way to meet mew people. You can actually see your progress as you continue, until you are able to reach the middle or 3/4 of the way up, eventually you will get to the top if you keep trying and learn to push yourself a bit. There's a reason rock climbers are some of the most ripped people, it's hard work to get yourself up a wall! I'm working on getting there, but I'm not quite there yet.
Try something new, be it rock climbing, swimming, running, biking, walking, whatever! Try something and then stick with it, you aren't going to become a pro in just one day, it will take time, but I promise it will be worth it!

Have an awesome week guys!
Love,
Sara :)

P.S. sorry about missing my music yesterday (Monday)....I have no legitimate excuse except I forgot :P

No comments:

Post a Comment