Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Books Books Books: Bourne Identity Review

The Bourne Identity was an extremely popular movie series starring Matt Damon and I will be the first to say that it was an awesome movie. In light of that, I decided to read the book that brought forth the idea of the movie, yet after reading Ludlum's work, I really can't figure out where this idea came from. So what follows is my review of the book to which I gave 3 stars.
"Despite my initial reluctance with this book, I will admit to really enjoying the last half. The first half or so took me a while to get into. I would suggest it only to people who want to read intense detail and have some major time on their hands. DO NOT compare this book to the movie. It is impossible and makes the book that much harder to read. The emotion in the story was well portrayed, but I did come across aspects where my thought was: ' This has nothing to do with the story therefore I don't care this much about banking processes!' I did realize that there was an importance later on but I struggled to get to that point. But overall, quite good!"

I shall continue my reading with my next titles: Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane and Cocaine Blues: a Phryne Fisher Mystery by Kerry Greenwood. Any other recommendations?

Love,
Sara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment