Friday, November 22, 2013

Afternoon in Chicago

A friend of mine from college is looking at grad schools and was looking at the SIAC, and since I haven't seen her in a month (well, since homecoming :P) I decided to go down and meet up with her and meet her new boyfriend. I really had a wonderful time hanging out with them and doing stuff. I just wanted to share a few of the pictures I took with my camera phone (yes, you heard right, an actual camera is definitely on my wish list for Christmas!) while down there.






You have to admit that Chicago really is a beautiful city! I always enjoy visiting there. These first six pictures are all taken from Millennium Park which is pretty close to Lake Michigan in downtown Chicago. A great place to visit if you've never been there and are looking for somewhere to go while in this great city!









These next two pictures are taken at an art show that we went to at SAIC. The building itself was beautiful and there was so much interesting art that I wasn't sure where to start. I did not end up buying anything here but I do wish that I had since there were so many beautiful things here.





These next two are of dragon ornaments that I found that are absolutely freaking adorable! Please say no to those faces! I somehow managed to...



And being me, we found the Barnes & Nobles, along with an awesome book that I was tempted to get for Matt from Christmas :P Shockingly, I left the bookstore without any books!!! This is something that like never happens!




This is just a sweet sculpture near where we were walking downtown, I thought it was note worthy because it looked so cool :P


The last thing that we did tonight was going out for dinner. All I am willing to say about the place, Dick's Last Resort, is that if you haven't been there before you really should head over there and experience it! Just go do it now!
























Love,
Sara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment