Friday, October 26, 2012

Halloweekend...Before

Alright, so I am not a doctor. Not even in the long shot! However, I am a college student and I am 21. I can say that I have had my fair chance in dealing with drunk people, and I am not here to tell you not to drink, I enjoy a good margarita and small drink anytime :P I may even put up a few drink recipes I've tried later, because at times they are pretty damn good! But due to the fact that this upcoming weekend is the weekend before Halloween, it is, as my college calls "Halloweekend" and there is a stereotypical way for college students and younger adults to act during this time. Yes, being intoxicated. Now, I personally have no serious problem as long as no one gets too obnoxious, but what I really wanted to do was to share a small insight as to signs of something called alcohol poisoning. Alcohol poisoning is a consequence of drinking large amounts of alcohol in a short period of time that is pretty serious as well as potentially deadly. I wanted to share with you a few signs to look for alcohol poisoning.

  • The person is unconscious or semiconscious and cannot be awakened when touched, spoken to, or shaken.
  • The person is cold, clammy, or has pale or bluish skin.
  • The person has slowed breathing (less than 8 breaths per minute or longer than 10 seconds between breaths).
  • The person is vomiting while sleeping or passed out.is not fully conscious during or after vomiting.
  • The person drank a large quantity of alcohol and collapsed.
If any of theses signs appear for a friend of yours or you see anyone with any of these signs, or anyone who might be close to getting to this point, if they have a drink in their hand please take it away for their sake? I mean I've known several people who have been hospitalized because of alcohol poisoning. Just look out for your friends and yourself!
Alright, have a wonderful time this weekend guys! I will try and get some pictures of my halloween costume, last minute but I'm quite happy with it :)
Happy Halloweekend!
Love,
Sara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment