Monday, September 30, 2013

Books Books Books: Dog On It

I'm always looking for my next read. Nevermibd that I have a pile of pools at home that I haven't read, I am plagued by the constant 'bookworm' problem if never having anything to read. Now this problem is less about not having something to read and is more about not having anything to read that I want to read. For instance, I have 4 book out from the library and at least 10 in my room that I haven't read but there really isn't anything there to read, meaning nothing there I really want to reach at this moment. Does that make sense? I'm not sure.
Anyways, I finished the book Dog On It this past week. I wanted to share this book because the author, Spencer Quinn, did something very interesting with this book. He wrote it from the point if view of the dog. Not just any dog, but Chet, a K-9 almost trained dog belonging to a detective named Bernie. Now, I'll try not to give anything away because you should go out and read this book, like now, but I will say that:

"Reading this book was refreshing. It was nice to get away from all the panic about mysteries, and instead see it from the POV of someone who couldn't tell his side of the stories and who would fall asleep during what we would think to be key aspects if the mystery and would forget the names of uninteresting people and randomly find himself doing something instinctual and getting in trouble for it. I would just like to say well done, Spencer Quinn, well done!"

Next book I'm reading (like currently) is called Blood Red Road by Moria Young. It's a popular book I guess, so I figured I'd have to give it a shot! So far, not bad!

Love,
Sara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment