Thursday, October 3, 2013

Cheap Find

I should really stop going to Half-Price Books, but I can't seem to stop myself! I went again today and found some new books and CDs and even a movie this time! I spent more time trying to figure out how to keep my spending to a minimum, and again I didn't spend $10! I bought a total of 2 CDs, 2 books, and a movie.
I'm going to start with the CDs. The first CD I grabbed is called 'Twenty Years' by a band called Sad Girl. Anyone who has heard of this band before I would love to hear about them because I know next to nothing! Hthere was a note inside the CD case that read "a guy lead singer with girl backup. Almost punk rock but a little more mellow." I think that this really is an accurate description because I can't come up with another way of describing this music. Plus, I can't find much of anything at all on it even on YouTube or Wikipedia!! The other CD I grabbed is by Meg Lee Chin who actually started her own recod company apparently and then ended up writing her own songs. He CD I got is not one of her original songs unfortunately (or so I understand) nap but is instead a bunch of remixes of other peoples' songs! It's called "Junkies and Snakes", she has a very unique voice, mellow and full.
I also grabbed two books while I was out. The first one I got is called The Ghost Quartet, which is a combination of four short ghost story novels. Starting off with Brian Lumley, followed by Orson Scott Card, then Marvin Kaye, and finally Tanith Lee. I excited to read these stories. When I'm not alone all night. The second book I got was actually meant for my sister, and I'm still thinking of giving it to her as a late birthday present. It's called Magic by the Lake by Edward Eager. Apparently they ordered a lake full of magic? Sounded interesting!
The movie I got is called "The Day of the Triffids" and it's from 1962. I'm not going to tell you much about it now except it looks kinda hilarious and awesome! I'll tell you about it next time I do movie stuff because I'm planning on watching it soon!!!


What types of cheap finds have you guys uncovered lately?

Love,
Sara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment