Monday, October 21, 2013

Musica Monday

For today's Musica Monday, I'm going back in time to 1985 and an old song that I remember listening to. A single by A-ha, later found on their album Hunting High and Low, I present to you the song "Take Me On". A-ha was formed in 1982 in Oslo, Norway and performed through 1994, they then had a reunion that lasted 1998-2010. They are considered a new wave and synthpop group. Their other famous single was "The Sun Always Shines on T.V."
I guess I just wanted to also share this music video with you because it's quite cute and not really like what we see in music videos anymore.


The band split in 1994 because their records stopped selling, their fifth album, Memorial Beach, failed to achieve the success that they had achieved in their past albums. In 1998, they reunited to perform at the Nobel Peace Prize Concert. After this concert, the band recorded their sixth album, Minor Earth Major Sky, whichever sang nearly as good as their old stuff in my personal opinion. I shouldn't say that, instead if you listen to their newer songs like "I Wish I Cared", nothing has changed, they didn't do anything different with their music which does make them consistent, but also makes them boring and uninteresting as far as changes go, mostly because they didn't change. Don't get me wrong, they aren't bad, but I've lost interest since they didn't evolve really.


What do you guys think?

Love,
Sara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment