Sunday, May 26, 2013

Graduation!!!

So, for those of you who don't know, I am (more like WAS!) a college senior. Well, no longer!! Today was graduation!! I'm not exactly positive if it has fully hit me yet that I'm graduated and heading off into the real world in a few months. I've gotta get my feet on the ground first, this being literal and figurative. Literal because I still have a broken foot and am going to be having surgery, hopefully, at some point this week (update on that to be coming later), and figurative because I don't have enough to pay for an apartment, don't have a job and don't really have much of a plan at this point, so I'm going to figure that out before I make my move (most likely to Minnesota, which will also be part of a later update).
This leads to the question that I get asked all the time now: What are your plans for after graduation? Well, honestly, all I got right now is that I need to have surgery and get my body physically healed before starting off on the next great adventure of my life. I will say that I am hoping to be able to blog a lot more now since I won't have classes or homework or tests to worry about (at least for now...), so I'm hoping that my writing will be getting better, I mean I hope that even by now it's getting a bit better, but I know that it will take time and practice before I really figure out my plans for the future as well as my style. There are many things that I hope to do in the future including: traveling, moving out of my parents' house, getting a job (or a few), learning how to cook better, learning more about wine, and drinking more coffee just to name a few. Sounds fun right? That's what I think at least, and I look forward to each and every one of them in my quest to learn more about the world around me and enjoy what life has to offer and make the most of what I can! Life is full of choices and chances, so I plan on doing what I can and taking risks when necessary and dealing with whatever consequences and hurdles the world throws in my path, because one of the most important things I learned in colleges is that I can be confident in who I am because I can make a difference and I matter to the world, whether the world knows it or not yet, I matter and so does each and every person!
Ok, done with my little soapbox here, but honestly I am still trying to figure out my life and I know that there are going to be trials and tough times but they will be worked through with a little help from my friends and family :)
I leave you all with a lovely picture of the sunrise this morning (yes, I got up and watched it at 5:30am) and one of my favorite Dr. Seuss quotes: "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..." (Oh, the Places You'll Go) :P thought it was appropriate. I hope you enjoy and don't mind my ranting too much :P

                                      

Love you all!
Happy Sunday, it's the start of a brand new week for us all, so let's make the most of it!
Sara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment