Sunday, May 5, 2013

'The Godfather': A Very Quotable Movie

I saw 'The Godfather' for the first time this past week, both parts one and two. I would have to say that I do prefer the first part, but the second was again pretty well done. When we were discussing in class on Friday, I realized one thing about The Godfather: Part I; it is a very quotable movie. The most popular of these being "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse." which has become the tagline for the series of movies. Some others are as follows:

"A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."

"Leave the gun, take the cannoli."

"Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes."

"It's not personal; it's strictly business."

"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns." (Goes along with a quote I saw a while ago claiming that there is nothing more dangerous than a pissed off woman!)

Anyways, those are a few quotes that I think are quite memorable. Feel free to leave more in comments if you have any :) If you haven't seen The Godfather, you really should. It's a gangster, film noir, western film with some melodrama thrown in, making it an interesting mix for sure!
I hope you all had a great weekend!
Love,
Sara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment