Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Fall Concert: Trampled by Turtles

Each school year, Olaf has two major concerts: a fall concert and a spring concert. For each concert they bring in professional bands/groups to perform at a ticket cost of $5 per person. This year's fall concert was this past Friday night (yea I'm a little slow on the posting sorry...), the artist? Trampled by Turtles. For those of you who don't know, Trampled by Turtles is a bluegrass group consisting of a banjo, 2 guitars (one a bass), a fiddle, and a mandolin. As a fiddle/violin player myself some of the songs they played I recognized the style and the tune of, and was able to pick out many notes and the techniques they were using. It was pretty neat. I took a few pictures and have posted them here, They aren't the best quality but they were taken with my iphone, so cut me a little slack :P. Bluegrass isn't normally one of my choice styles of music to listen to, but the concert was still quite good! I was a fan of the openers! You can see that post here, or by looking at yesterday's Musica Monday post...




This last one is probably one of my favorites, along with the picture with the blue lights, because they capture what I saw to be the essence of the band! I really enjoyed the concert and look forward to finding out who is coming for the spring concert (we won't know until February or March)!
What concerts have you guys been to recently? What did you think of them?
Love,
Sara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment