Monday, November 12, 2012

Musica Monday

Hey, so I wasn't good this weekend, I'm sorry :( I was terrible at posting, but in my defense it has been a pretty long weekend! On Friday night I attended that campus fall concert: Trampled by Turtles, a bluegrass group. However, I was more captured by their opener: Lucy Michelle and the Velvet Lapelles. I really enjoyed their style and she had a pretty awesome voice! While I had never heard of them before Friday, I quickly became a fan of their music, this is one way that I have found that I become a fan of different bands/groups, in the past The Films was a big one that I found thanks to them being an opener (I find them better in concert than on CD). Anyways, Lucy Michelle and the Velvet Lapelles have a good group of people including an accordion, a guitar, drums, a ukulele, a cello, and a double bass. Overall, they are all fun to watch but I would have to say that in concert the drummer and the cellist were the most fun to watch because they both got really into the music! Here's a video of one of my favorite songs, and I found it in a live version which I think makes it all the more real.


Enjoy! What concerts have you guys been to this year?
Love,
Sara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment