Monday, January 14, 2013

Musica Monday

When I was 5 years old, my mother presented me with a choice. I could play piano or pick a different instrument. I had a friend at school who played violin, so I told my mom that I wanted to learn the violin. Neither her nor my dad were particularly excited about having a screechy violin playing in the house but they obliged and I started violin lessons. I continued lessons throughout high school and didn't stop until I got to college, now I play violin during the summer in pit orchestra and for fun! The artist whom I chose for this week's Musica Monday is a violinist herself. Her name is Lindsey Stirling. She is a performance violinist who writes some of her own songs and creates medleys of popular video games and movies. The two songs/videos I picked from her are the 'Phantom of The Opera' and 'Shadows'. Both videos are amazing and fun, and the music is just as wonderful! I hope you enjoy!



There are many more of her songs that I would suggest, so get out there and check them out! Happy Monday, friends :D
Love,
Sara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment