Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Corn Roast 5K 2012

This past sunday I ran my first official 5K race. I have to say that it was a great experience. I was able to run with a friend so there was at least one person I knew next to me the whole time, which really helped and I couldn't have finished without those people! Anyways, the race was 3.1 miles (as any 5K is) and it was actually quite hilly, this did make things a bit more difficult when it came to keeping a steady pace, but we were able to do it. At the beginning of the race, we all went through a group stretch lead by the guy in charge of the race, we then got our t-shirts and numbers and lined up at the starting line. When the gun was fired we were off. My final time was 29:53, which is about three 9.5 minute miles, not bad considering my preparation for this was running two days a week at a slower pace. My friend and I took off and sprinted the last tenth of a mile though and he only finished 3 seconds ahead of me :P, but the entire class made it in under and hour which is pretty awesome for people who have never run in their lives and who you wouldn't expect to want to run a 5K.
If I can find them I will post the pictures of our group before and after but I"m not sure if I will be able to get my hands on them since I didn't bring a camera (bad life choice). Always bring a camera to a race, then you can always remember that day. I did get a ribbon at the end, which is nice to have a reminder of that.

Have a great day!
Love,
Sara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment