Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Strawberry-Rhubarb Mini Pie

So, I was getting bored tonight and my dad reminded me that we had rhubarb and I was really the only one who has cooked it before. So, I went to the kitchen and started making my grandmother's rhubarb sauce. This includes slicing up the rhubarb, and putting it in a sauce pan with warm water. I then brought it gradually to a boil while gradually adding the rhubarb. When the rhubarb gets soft and starts reducing then I added some sugar and brown sugar (this is to taste!). After I had a thought, why not add some strawberries and make it into a pie? So I did! I sliced several strawberries and added them to the boiling water, I then reduced the heat and let it simmer. This sauce was absolutely amazing!!
The reason I made mini pies was because the crust that I used was kinda old...so there was a huge hole in the middle of it when I tried to heat it up. I followed the instructions that were on the box for the pie crust and then added my strawberry-rhubarb and put it back into the oven for a short period of time, just to reheat and get ready to eat.
Enjoy my newest attempt at improvisation food!
Here's a pic of the finished product :P :D
Tasty!



Alright that's all for now folks!
Don't be afraid to experiment in the kitchen....but for the most part explosions aren't the best thing, so try and avoid those in the kitchen!
Good night!
Love,
Sara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment