Sunday, August 12, 2012

Saturday "Pick-Up" Volleyball

For those who don't know, this summer I am interning at the YMCA near my house. This past Saturday, we had a volleyball tournament put together by one of the leadership members. I was volunteered for this tournament (and now owe either $15 or $25 to my team captain) by another worker at the Y. I didn't mind so much because I really enjoy playing volleyball. I played a lot last summer with the other summer students at Olaf (where I attend college) a few nights a week. This weekend was only different because the teams were pre-assigned. I was on a team of staff members from the YMCA. There was also a team made up of some summer counselors and another of a high school girl's vb team and another of 8th grade vb players. It was quite an interesting set of games. Our team was the smallest, having at most 4 players. The fourth person was actually a stand-in because our fourth player didn't show up. It was a blast though! Even though we didn't win the championship we all had a lot of fun playing. For the last game there were only three of us until I had to leave, playing against a team of 6 high school/college-aged players. They were pretty good!
While I did get a sunburn and my arms were slightly bruised later that day and today, it was totally worth it because I had a blast and met some pretty neat people!
I would encourage all of you to go out and play a pick-up game of whatever it is! Many communities will have them, so look around and see what you can find! It's always a wonderful way to meet new people and to find somewhere that you may not be an all star, but where you still make an impact and the most important part (in my opinion) is that you make friends and do something active!
Alright, that's all for now my friends!
Have a wonderful night and I hope that your weekends were also wonderful :D I will have an update on how climbing went on Friday soon! I promise! So, probably tomorrow :P
Sleep tight!
Love,
Sara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment